When you’re vacationing in Cabo, you might as well learn something new while you’re there. Why not take part in a lesson in Cabo San Lucas to learn a new skill? There are plenty of lessons and activities to try!
Take a look at a few of these and see if any of them appeal to you.
Cabo San Lucas is home to some famous surfing beaches. It’s the perfect place to get out there and learn how to surf! You can find lessons that are suitable for surfers of any skill level, even if you’ve surfed before. Check for places like surf schools, surf shops, surf tours, and more to find the best option for you.
You will find there are some perfect beaches for learning the sport. Here are a few of the top favorites!
- Acapulquito (mostly smaller and slower waves, great for beginners)
- La Roca (intermediate level with slightly faster waves)
- Costa Azul (known as the Zippers, best for advanced to expert level)
- Cerritos (various spots great for beginner to expert level)
- Monumento (best for experts)
- Nine Palms (good for all skill levels)
These are just a few of the top options, but there are plenty more where that came from!
You can simply go on a guided scuba dive if you prefer, but if you’re looking to learn a new skill, why not go ahead and earn your scuba certification? We offer scuba lessons from the beginner level to the Dive Master level. Cabo Discount Tours uses the PADI Dive Training System for all skill levels.
Dive into the Sea of Cortez for an exciting underwater adventure. You can even start with a trial dive to be sure this is really the skill you want to learn. Once you get under the water, we don’t think you will ever want to leave!
Bring your own gear if you have it, or be prepared to rent appropriate diving gear.
Golf Lesson in Cabo San Lucas
Not everyone wants to level up in water sports, and that’s perfectly fine! You can certainly take a golf lesson or two in Cabo San Lucas as well. Golf is another activity that you can find in abundance in the area. Here is a quick overview of some favorite golf locations.
- Cabo Real Golf – This multi-themed course is carved into the desert foothills of Cabo and every single hole has its own exquisite view. This can be a challenging course, so come prepared.
- Cove Club Golf Course – This course used to be known as Cabo Del Sol Ocean Course, and it has attracted some of the top golfers in the world throughout the years. It has even been ranked as #1. The 18-hole course boasts 4 oceanfront holes during play.
- Cabo Del Sol Desert – Take in the breathtaking beauty of the Baja California Peninsula. The course offers scenery like canyon river beds as well as ocean views, and you can see the Sea of Cortez from each hole in the course.
- Puerto Los Cabos – This is not your average course. Sporting 27 holes on a championship course, you will find 3 separate courses here. This location is known for its unique and exceptional views at every hole.
There are more courses available, and you may choose your course based on which ones offer lessons or where you feel your skill level is appropriate.
ATV & Razor
Next up, get comfortable on the wild side! Enjoy some land activity taking tours on either ATVs or Razors. Enjoy the scenic desert and the sand dunes. The nice thing about these tours is the options you have available.
You can hop on a route that takes you through the canyons and even crosses a suspension bridge if you’re brave enough. If you want something less exhilarating, why not ride through the dunes and beaches? You can even catch a sunset tour to see the sunset over the ocean while you ride.
These are tours, but you are provided quick lessons before you take off to be sure you know proper use and safety. You can also choose a guided tour with a skilled driver. You can choose your own adventure, including options designed specifically for the kids!
Horses are absolutely stunning creatures. You can’t beat a classic horseback ride. Simply sit back and enjoy a quiet and peaceful ride along the beach. Rides are designed to fit the skill levels of the riders on tour; if you’re a beginner, you will stick to quiet, flat terrain that is suitable for your level.
More advanced riders are taken up into the mountains, where you can see the absolute best views of the island and have a unique experience. Choose your ride based on your skill, and you will be guided every step of the way. This particular option is all about matching your skill to the ride and the horse and enjoying a relaxing time out there.
Finally, if you’re interested in improving your photography skills or finding the most photogenic locations on the island, check into a photography workshop or tour. These are a fantastic way to have a guide take you to the best spots. You will learn tips for taking the best photos of the area.
Photographers and artists alike can really enjoy this type of lesson in Cabo San Lucas. It’s the perfect way to improve your skills and maybe even learn something new!
Find Your Activity
Now that you know some of your options, it’s time to get out there and start learning or improving on your skill of choice. Cabo Discount Tours is your go-to resource to find lessons and activities while you’re vacationing in Cabo. We have plenty of solutions, whatever you might be looking for. Check out our website or give us a call to discuss the details!