Cabo San Lucas is the perfect family-friendly vacation spot. As the school year draws to a close, many parents are thinking about summer vacation. Now is an excellent time to book a trip to Cabo. There are so many things to do in Cabo San Lucas for the whole family. Kids can enjoy activities like swimming with dolphins, zip-lining through the canyons, hopping on a pirate-themed cruise, and more! The best way to get your kids excited about the trip is to show them a list of kid-friendly activities and let them help plan the itinerary.
It’s a given: kids love to be in the water! Fill your Cabo vacation with various water activities. Your kids will have so much fun you’ll have to drag them out of the water! Here are some great kid-friendly water sport options:
- SUP Rentals: What’s SUP in Cabo? SUP is what’s up! Standup paddle boarding is fun for the whole family. It is an extremely popular water activity that includes a large surfboard and a paddle. The key to this water sport is balance! If you fall off? Who cares! The Cabo water is warm and inviting!
- Flyboard Adventure: Flyboarding looks like an activity from the future! Put on the jet-powered boots and 5,4,3,2,1… lift off! You can fly as high as 30 feet above the water. Kids must be 12 years and older to participate.
- Surf Lessons: When in Cabo, why not learn to surf? At Cabo Discount Tours, we offer 1-hour surfing lessons so you and your kids can get acclimated to the sport. Once the lesson is over, you and your family can keep the surfboards for the rest of the day to keep practicing independently.
Things to Do in Cabo San Lucas Involving Animals
Kids love animals. While vacationing in Cabo, you have the chance to expose them to different types of animals they might not see at home. Here are some popular animal tour options:
- Camel Rides: Join the Camel Quest Tour, perfect for the whole family (kids must be ages 4 and up). Camels are very friendly creatures. The Camel Quest Tour is an hour-long experience of riding across the bottom of the canyon in El Tule. The tour includes time to play games with the camels and take photos.
- Swimming with Dolphins: The Dolphin Kids’ Program is for children ages 4-9. This activity is an excellent way for kids to interact with and learn about dolphins. The kids and dolphins interact in a shallow dolphin pool with close supervision from the trainers. Kids get the chance to pet, hug, kiss, and take a dolphin belly ride. Kids also have the opportunity to feed and sing to the dolphins. Swimming with dolphins is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that your kids will never forget.
Are your kids always looking for an adventure? Luckily, Cabo San Lucas has plenty of adventures to offer:
- Zip Lining: This activity is for kids 8 years and older. Fly across the canyon floor on a zip line that reaches speeds up to 55 MPH. Be sure to leave the flip-flops at home for this activity! You don’t want to lose a shoe on the canyon floor!
- Tarzan Swing: The Tarzan Swing is not for the faint of heart, so make sure your child doesn’t have a fear of heights before bringing them along for this activity. Available to kids ages 10 and up, hop in the giant Tarzan Swing. You start by hanging 330 feet above the canyon floor, and then comes the swing! Freefall for a bit, then you are eased into a 400-foot arch through a pendulum. If your kids enjoy roller coasters and other amusement park rides, they will love this!
Treasure Hunter Snorkel Tour
Ahoy, matey, are you ready to walk the plank? Step aboard our pirate ship! You can even dress up like a pirate if you please! You and your family will also have time to hit the water and go snorkeling. Check out all the beautiful underwater life Cabo has to offer. A photographer will be aboard the pirate cruise to take pictures as your kids explore and pretend to be pirates. Never snorkeled before? Have no fear! Trained snorkeling guides are aboard the boat to help teach you how to snorkel safely.
Things to do in Cabo San Lucas at the Beach
Kids are known for having endless amounts of energy, but even they get tired and need some downtime. In between your fun and exciting activities, be sure to schedule some downtime where you and your kids can simply relax on the beach. There are plenty of fun things to do at the beach, from wading in the water to building sandcastles. Also, what is better than lying on a towel on the beach and taking a quick nap? Don’t forget the sunscreen!
There are so many things to do in Cabo San Lucas that are family-friendly. Involve your kids in vacation planning by letting them help create the itinerary. The goal is for your kids to have a great time and try some things that they normally wouldn’t be able to do at home. Whether that’s riding a camel or going on a pirate-themed snorkeling adventure, the whole family is sure to have a great time. At Cabo Discount Tours, we help families create the perfect vacation catered to their wants and needs. We put together packages as well as à la carte activities to pick from. Each activity is priced affordably, so you don’t have to worry about breaking your vacation budget. For more information about available packages and activities your kids will enjoy, contact Cabo Discount Tours today. We look forward to helping you plan your dream vacation.