A vacation in Cabo means a lot of time spent on the water. Cabo is the perfect place to try a new water sport or indulge in an old favorite. From sport fishing to swimming with dolphins, Cabo has a fun water sport for everyone! Before heading to Cabo, create a list of all the water activities you want to try. Next, contact Cabo Discount Tours to get your selected water sports scheduled. There are so many water sports in Cabo, it’s easy to want to pick them all! Remember, it’s your vacation and your schedule. Fill your days up with as many water sports as possible!
Water Sports in Cabo: Sport Fishing
Cabo San Lucas is famous for its sport fishing. There is a wide variety of fish available throughout the year. Thanks to the confluence of the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez, the supply of fish is plentiful whether you are visiting in January or July. On your fishing excursion, you can catch Striped Marlin, Snapper, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, and more! Experienced anglers might want to enter one of the annual fishing tournaments. Some of these tournaments have big prize money. The Bisbee Black & Blue gives the winning team $1 million!
If you are a beginner in the sports fishing world, have no fear. Check out one of the many available charters to spend the day out on the water learning to fish. A Captain and Crew lead each charter. Rods, reels, and lures are all available onboard. Cabo Discount Tours offers charters on 28-foot boats, 50+ foot boats, and everything in between. Pick the size of your boat based on the size of your group.
Swimming with Dolphins
Swimming with dolphins is a water sport that is perfect for the entire family. Traveling with a big group? Book a private dolphin swim tour. The tour is ideal for a big group like a family reunion, bachelorette party, or college spring break trip. Your group will have the dolphins all to yourselves for a private swim.
Interested in learning more about dolphins? Check out our Trainer for a Day program, where you will learn all about dolphins and what it means to be a dolphin trainer.
Traveling with kids? Schedule one of our Kid Dolphin Encounters, where kids get to safely interact with dolphins. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for your kids to get up close to dolphins.
The merging of the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean leads to a wonderful variety of plant and animal life. In fact, Jacques Cousteau called the Sea of Cortez “The Aquarium of the World.” Scuba diving is the best way to see this beautiful underwater world. If you are already certified in scuba diving, check out our two-tank dive trips or our multi-day diving safari.
Cabo is a great place to learn how to scuba dive or to get other certifications. Here are some of our scuba diving courses:
- Discover Scuba Diving – This course serves as an introduction to scuba. This one-day mini-course teaches you all about scuba. You won’t get certified in this course, but you will learn all about the sport and can decide if you want to get certified in the future.
- Open Water Scuba Diver – This is the first level of Autonomous scuba diving. During the course, you will spend 2-3 days in the water, completing 4 open-water dives. You will also go through skills training and dive theory.
- Advanced Open Water – 2 days and 5 open-water dives! This course will expand your scuba diving knowledge. Learn all about different scuba specialties, such as deep diving and night diving.
- Specialty Scuba Diving Courses – Perfect for the diver who is already certified and ready to learn more! Receive advanced training on specialty scuba subjects like search and rescue, photography, mixed gases/NITROX, and more.
- PADI Rescue Diver Course – This class is required for anyone training to become a divemaster or instructor. The rescue diver course will teach you various rescue procedures and will teach you how to identify and solve diver problems.
- Professional-Level Dive Courses – Ready to become a divemaster? To take this course, you must be a certified rescue diver and have completed a minimum of 60 dives.
When in Cabo, learn how to surf! Enjoy a private hour-long surf lesson. Learn the ins and outs of surfing so that you can successfully catch a wave. After class, you get to keep the board for the rest of the day to continue practicing.
Imagine wearing jet-powered boots that launch you 30 feet above the water. It sounds like something from a futuristic movie! Look no further – the flyboard craze is strong in Cabo! Put on the boots, and it’s time to launch. The power of the jet is controlled by the guide, but you get to control the balance and angles of your ride. Flyboarding is a great water sport activity for your older kids. Flyboarding is only available to children ages 12 and up.
There are so many water sports in Cabo to pick from. The best way to decide is to look at all your options and talk with your family or friends to see which sports are most appealing. Once you are ready to book your activities, contact Cabo Discount Tours. We provide visitors with tour setups all year long. Remember, there is an activity for everyone! Whether you are a 20-year-old college student or a 65-year-old retiree, you are sure to find at least one enjoyable Cabo water activity. For more information about tours and water sports in Cabo, contact Cabo Discount Tours.