Take a day trip to La Paz and Swim with the Whale Sharks.
Whale Sharks are one of the least understood and most beautiful fish in the ocean. These graceful giants are part of the Shark Family, however manage to gain their amazing size by feasting on Plancton (much like whales). Relatively little is known about this amazing species and studies have only recently been implemented, in the hopes to understand them much more. The opportunity to swim with the Whale Sharks is something not to be missed.
What we do know is that there are few locations around the world where you can go and see a congregation of these fish feasting. One of those limited locations is the La Paz Bay. This area sees dozens of Whale Sharks visit each year and stay for the season. A number of Whale sharks visit the area each year, including juveniles and mature animals.
Whale Sharks can grow up to 50ft or more, the size of a bus. Typically in La Paz, you will have the opportunity to swim with whale sharks ranging between 15ft and 30ft long.
Your Whale Shark tour to La Paz will take you from your Los Cabos Hotel, in Air Conditioned Comfort, to La Paz. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to learn more about these creatures, whilst taking in the sites. Once in La Paz, you will be given your snorkeling equipment and taken out by boat to spend some time snorkeling with these amazing creatures.
Your educated guide will be able to help you out with any questions along the way, ensuring you have the best experience possible. Lunch will be provided, before you start your return trip to Los Cabos.
Whale Shark Tours are seasonal and offered Monday through Saturday from October 1 – April 30 each year.
Book your La Paz Whale Shark Safari Now.
- Tours daily except Sunday during the season (Season Oct-April)
- This is a full day event. Pickups start around 6am and return around 4:30pm
- Tour includes Breakfast in Todos Santos and round trip transportation.
What to Bring
- Swimsuit and towel
- Hat and sunglasses
- We recommend biodegradable sunscreen.
- Waterproof camera
- Any medication you may need for a full day trip
- Cash for any additional purchases, TIPS, etc.
- Warm & Dry clothes to change into. (water can be cold in Dec-April)
- Round Trip Transportation from your Hotel to La Paz in Air Conditioned Van.
- Certified guide
- Snorkel Gear (Mask, Fins, snorkel, wetsuit, snorkel vest)
- Breakfast at Hotel California
- Soft Drinks and bottled water whilst in transit.
- Minimum age 8yo (under 18yo must be accompanied by an adult)
- Nobody under the influence of Alcohol or drugs will be permitted on tour.
- Pregnant women, or those with neck, back or heart conditions are not allowed.
- Total Group size is a minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 guests.
Note: Depending on the weather, the boat ride may be bumpy.
Submit your review
I have always wanted to snorkel. For this birthday I decided to finally do it as my annual b'day adventure trying... show more
Great and fun service